Wednesday, August 12, 2009

10 months old and getting into everything. August '09

Boy I am getting around! I can crawl on all fours but believe I am more stealth and efficient doing the army crawl. I fascinate, yet worry my parents with my curiosity and desire to explore the stairs, the heater, the glass doors on the entertainment center, and my obsession with opening every cabinet door I'm near.
I'm pulling myself up along side furniture and am starting to cruise along them. I'm mustering the courage to try to take those one to two steps that will get me from one piece of furniture to the other. For now, I'm settling for dropping to my bum, rotating, then pulling myself up to the desired piece of furniture.
To keep me occupied while she's cooking or doing dishes, mom has put me on the kitchen counter where she's given me the coolest set of drums. Dad keeps me occupied by encouraging me to crawl up all the stairs. I think he's proud of me but something in his eyes tell me he's also hoping I'll get tired and go to bed before 10 p.m.
Towards the middle of the month we were once again in New Mexico to visit grandma, my uncles, aunties and cousins. This time, we flew. It was fun!

This is my "I'm not doing anything" pose.

Jam session with my home-made drum set.

August 1st was the Swiss National Day. We celebrated with the Santa Barbara Swiss Club and took our turn blowing on the Alp Horn.

Loving me some ribs. I have four teeth that I really put to use.

What did I tell you about that look in daddy's eyes?

Spaghetti requires a lot of concentration to eat.

My cousin, Winni, and I decided to take an inventory of the toys at grandma's house.

Looking out at the planes.

"Careful with my luggage, guys. Thanks!"

No comments: